Cairns, is a beautiful city in Queensland, Australia; it is a major port for exporting sugar cane, gold and other metals, minerals and agricultural products. This area is a tourist spot mainly because of its tropical climate and access to the Great Barrier Reef. Cairns car hire facility is something that attracts a number of tourists; though Cairns is double the size of many big cities but it has limited tourists mainly because people think that there is nothing to do here except for seeing the Great Barrier Reef. Cairns car hire facility picks a person from the airport and takes them around the whole city but for that you should know what all is there that can be seen. There are a number of things to see and reasons for visiting Cairns for a weekend gateway or for a quite family holiday.
Reasons for visiting cairns are:
- Though this is a small coastal city but it is double the size of Singapore and there are a number of small night markets and places to chill here.
- You can get the best water rafting experience here; the rafting place is at a 2 hour distance from cairns but it is one of the most satisfying things to do. There are a number of rapids on the way but all of it is super safe as the guides are rigorously trained for months before being certified. During half way the trip also has an Australian style BBQ lunch and there are also courses for those who want to learn river rafting. This is best for thrill seekers.
- Those who are fond of adventures for them there is the jungle surfing; which has zipline through the rainforest as well as one can hang upside down for a better view and pictures. This whole system is made up of pulleys without any electricity being used. A full day trip to this place is more than enough.
- Another place is the Tjapukai aboriginal park which is located fifteen minutes from cairns; here one can experience the real tribal life and they are also allowed to use boomerangs and spears. There is also a theatre where one can get a glimpse of the ceremonies and dances of the tribal people.
- Quite close to the tjapukai aboriginal park is the skyrail that gives a panoramic view of the tropical rainforests that are oldest and the last remaining in the world. You can also check the rainforest on foot.
- Here there is also a hippie kuranda which is a hippie town that can actually be explored; there are a number of unique markets here as well as cafes that have the hippie culture. There are locally designed handicraft and clothing available in these markets.
- One can also visit the wildlife habitat where there are a number of kolas and kangaroos that the people can feed.
So there are a lot of things to do here and one just needs to take the cairns car hire and move around this coastal city.